The sprinkles are back in full force. You know what that means I feel old again and need to make something silly and fun to feel like my young self again.
This time, my aging was felt when I walked across campus with my fresh fruit and veggies, excited to go home for a night of cooking and studying. As I cheerfully walked along doing bicep curls with my groceries (gotta get that workout in!), I group of youngins rolled into my bicep curling space. They were sporting neon color shirts, backwards caps, and a glazed over look.
Welcome to frosh week! Yee-Haw!
This month Im working in the Emergency Room and the froshers are flocking in! As I stitch their wounds and get questions about STIs, should I nonchalantly warn them that soon enough they will feel old and tired in the real world? Or is having me awkwardly stitch/smile/giggle enough?
Obvious choice there medicine now and awkward old lady grumblings later.
Note: recipe calls for almond extract you can find it right next to he vanilla extract in your grocery store, its an easy find.
Funfetti Sprinkle Cookies:
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-¼ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- 2-½ cups Flour
- ¼ cups Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cups Rainbow Jimmie Sprinkles
- 2 Tablespoons Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cream the butter and sugar in your stand mixer/hand mixer for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add the vanilla, almond, and egg. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, cornstarch, soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and continue on low speed until it’s all added and combined. Mix in all the sprinkles (don’t overmix or the sprinkles will start to bleed into the dough).
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for about 15 minutes. (Note: Only bake until they very slightly start to turn light golden brown just on the edges and baking time will vary on the size of cookie you make. Check them around 10 minutes, then 12, and so on.)
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Hope you enjoy these fun cookies and enjoy the start of a new school year! Just know if you hurt yourself you may come face-to-face with meand my new stitching skills. Muahah.