Welcome to the girliest food I have ever made. The pinks, and reds in this dessert are just so fun that some people might say I cant even (Note: I am not one of those people).
I know I am a little delayed in posting this summertime recipe up on the blog, but if youre living here in Montreal then you know that these past two weeks has been more of a summer than what we had a month ago! So, I guess this recipe is sort of fitting for the weather we are having, but maybe not the produce. Sorry!
But hey, if you dont have good peaches around, save this recipe and keep it somewhere safe because it is one of the easiest dessert recipes youll make, and its tasty and visually stunning. Looks like youve spent HOURS making this tart, when in reality it took a couple of minutes. WIN.
Stone Fruit Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 cups stone fruit, sliced (peach, nectarine, plum, apricot)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- dash of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sugar for sprinkling
- Pre- heat oven to 375 degrees F. .
- Place puff pastry on parchment paper in an attempt to make a rectangular tart
- In a bowl mix together the fruit, honey, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Place puff pastry and the parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pour fruit mixture on top.
- Brush the puff pastry border with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle raw sugar on the edges
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove form oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Slightly adapted from Bakers Royale