The smell of tomato had been wafting through every market/grocery store this past little while. They are beautiful shapes and colors and are screaming to be used. Except if youre cooking for my boyfriend he hates tomatoes!
So, it was not a great idea last summer to make a meal in which tomatos played a role in every dish. You know, like brushetta, tomato and buffalo mozarella salad and spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce. No, that would just be silly.
Isnt he a lucky guy to have a gal like me?? oops.
So this year, I knew that it would only be fair to eat all the tomatoes by myself. And boy, I was a lucky gal! The sweet tomatoes with the spicy peppers and smooth cheese all amazing!
Tomato Salad with Mint & Feta
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 to 6 large tomatoes, preferably a mix of red and yellow
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk balsamic vinegar with oil, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Stir in onion and jalapeno.
- Thickly slice tomatoes and arrange on a platter. Pour dressing evenly overtop. Let stand 30 min.
- Sprinkle with mint and cheese.
From Chatelaine Magazine