Its holiday time! That means lots of good family dinners, brunches, lunchesso I get to bake! Or not.
Desserts that require minimal to no baking are ideal when you have no time to make elaborate desserts. Last weekend I was busy studying for my surgery exam, but I also had a holiday brunch. A gal like me doesnt want to go to a party empty handed, but I couldnt spend my study day in the kitchen. Enter rice krispie treats.
While rice krispie treats sound a bit juvenile, when given a tweak they can be a fantastic addition to a dessert table. Ive made cake batter rice krispie treats in the past that were a hit, and this time around I made a different style of them gangnam style! woohoooo!
Gosh darn it I just like to dance.
And these cookies and cream rice krispie treats just make me wanna d-a-n-c-ewhile shoving my mouth with marshmallows.
No one judges in my kitchen. Even if youre my boyfriend, sitting on the couch in our loft, playing assassins creed and oblivious to anything around him. No one judges.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows + an additional cup of marshmallows.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oreos, chopped into bits
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 6 oreos, chopped into bits
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, swirling butter up along edges of the pan (this helps the marshmallows stick much less). Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in Rice Krispies cereal until evenly coated. Fold in 10 chopped Oreos.
- Pour mixture into buttered dish and gently press mixture evenly into dish, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on in 30-45 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over Rice Krispie treats and immediately (before chocolate hardens) sprinkle with the 6 chopped Oreos. Gently press the Oreo pieces down with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate about 10 minutes, or alternately let rest on counter until chocolate hardens.
Source: Stylish Cuisine
Enjoy these no bake desserts!