Yesterday the snow was falling heavily outside, and I watched 90210 (the original) reruns all day in my lounge pants. It was a wonderful day.
Sometimes I just need a day to do absolutely nothing. Catch up on some emails, my fave blogs, and brainless TV while being cozy up on the couch with a hot cup of tea, a fuzzy blanket and some good cookies. Its kind of like hitting pause on the stressors of life, and recuperating the life force thats needed to get through it all.
Yes. It was that kind of week, requiring that kind of day. Requiring a lot of cookies.
These lemon cookies are light, and yummy and go perfectly with a cup of tea. They are also really elegant looking (can you call cookies elegant? Im going with yes), and they are a nice addition to any dessert table or as a gift to a host/hostess.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoons baking soda
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, except the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Source: Laurens Latest
Hope you enjoy these!