Happy summer everyone! It is officially hot and humid here in Montreal and the festivals are in full swing.and I go back to work. My first day as a doctor was an interesting one. I started off by calling myself a medical student, introducing myself by my first name, and becoming flabbergasted when handed a patients chart to deal with before having orientation to my clinic. The second day was completely different I was officially Dr. Moscovitz with my long white coat and all. WARNING: when urinating, make sure it doesnt fall in the toilet (I was a near miss). The third day I was home sick with fever.
Goshdarnit I ONLY have 6 sick days doesnt my body know to wait till its at least September before I want a day off??? Not day 3!!! Fine Ill admit the Breaking Bad marathon was pretty awesome, but the chills and sore throat was no fun. Its a good thing then that I decided to start making homemade popsicles so that I could use real fruit instead of artificial nonsense. This recipe is super easy it uses peaches, ginger, water and sugar. I cut the sugar down from the original recipe, but they were still super sweet. When I make them again, I may try no added sugar at all (or maybe something like 2 Tbsp).
Peach and Ginger Ice Pops
- 2 oz. fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced into thick coins
- ½ cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into chunks (skin on)
- Combine ginger, water, and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a blender and then discard the ginger. Add the peach chunks to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid